ISO 45001 - Occupational Health and Safety Management
ISO 45001 / OHSAS 18001 are internationally recognised standards for Occupational Health and Safety Management.
ISO 45001 supersedes the existing standard OHSAS 18001. Organisations who currently hold OHSAS 18001:2007 certification have until the11th March 2021 to complete a successful migration to ISO 45001:2018.
An effective occupational health and safety management system will help you to protect and enhance your most important asset, your people, and to drive business excellence.
What are the key benefits to ISO 45001?
• ISO 45001 provides a system to identify potential hazards and minimize risks.
• Certification shows that health and safety objectives are part of the company management.
• ISO 45001 reassures stakeholders that suitable preventative measures are being sought and implemented.
• ISO 45001 is based around a process of; plan, do, check, act to ensure you continually improve your health and safety performance.
Why is ISO 45001 good for your business?
• Ensures that a health and safety processes are clearly defined.
• Helps improve employee awareness of risks.
• ISO 45001 provides confidence in health and safety for your business.
• It can help you monitor and improve levels of absenteeism.
• It shows your employees your commitment to keeping them safe.
What to do next?
is based on the same foundations as ISO 9001:2015
and ISO 14001:2015
and uses all the elements of the OHSAS 18001 management system.
So, if you are already certified to OHSAS 18001 and ISO 9001:2015 or ISO 14001:2015 and are considering what the next steps of migrating across are, the good news is that you are already halfway there.
If you would like to receive more information on how AvISO Consultancy
can assist you in gaining this certification or guiding, you through the migration process please contact us.
Posted on: 25/09/2018 By: Mr Paul Stevens Categories: