ISO 37301:2021 is an International Standard for organisations looking to implement an ongoing legal compliance management system. It helps to establish and maintain a culture of legal compliance, considering the needs and expectations of interested parties.
Legal Compliance is made sustainable by embedding it in the organisation's culture and the people's behaviour and attitude. Therefore, it is the basis and an opportunity for a successful and sustainable organisation.
This standard applies to all organisations, regardless of sector, type, size and activity, as all organisations have legal compliance requirements.
Some of the benefits to organisations who implement ISO 37301 include;
- improving business opportunities and sustainability;
- protecting and enhancing an organisation's reputation and credibility;
- taking into account expectations of interested parties;
- demonstrating an organisation's commitment to managing its legal compliance risks effectively and efficiently;
- increasing the confidence of third parties in the organisation's capacity to achieve sustained success;
- minimising the risk of an infringement occurring with the attendant costs and reputational damage.