ISO 30071-1:2019 is an Information technology standard that looks at the development of user interface accessibility. Part 1 is the Code of practice for creating accessible ICT products and services. The new Standard replaces its predecessor, British Standard BS 8878, which it supersedes.
At AvISO, we believe this accessibility standard should be available to all organisations regardless of size. We do this through offering a bespoke and tailored approach, as we understand that no one business is the same, providing you with a solution that best fits your organisation.
The Digital Accessibility Standard provides guidelines for creating and maintaining ICT systems, which includes products and services. And ensuring that they are accessible to a diverse range of users. Quite often ICT systems exclude users with disabilities or accessibility requirements, for example, older people. This can leave your organisation at risk of being subject to legal action due to discrimination. However, by following the guidance set out in this Standard this can generally be avoided.
The standard applies to all ICT systems including but not limited to, information systems; intranet systems; websites; mobile and wearable applications; social media; and Internet of Things (IoT).
The Scope of the Standard gives requirements and recommendations for organisations:
- ensuring accessibility is considered in their policies by creating an organisational ICT accessibility policy;
- embedding the consideration of accessibility decisions through the entire process of developing procuring, installing, operating and maintaining ICT systems, and documenting these choices;
- justifying decisions on accessibility;
- communicating the ICT system's accessibility decisions to its users at launch, through creating and publishing its accessibility statement.
why work with aviso:
- AvISO has a 100% success rate of achieving UKAS accredited certification for our clients
- AvISO has experience with a wide selection of ISO standards, so can offer tried and tested advice on their implementation and integration
- We are recommended buy all the major Certification Bodies for ISO Consultancy
- AvISO has built excellent relationships with Cranfield Universities
- With an exceptional In-House team of ISO BS 8900 Consultants and working closely with a rigorously selected group of Technical Experts ensures you receive the best possible service whatever your project.