The ISO 22000 Standard - Food Safety Management System is based on the internationally recognized HACCP principles of the Codex Alimentarius. The focus of this standard is food safety at all stages of the supply chain. Although only food safety aspects are addressed, this standard proposes that the methodology used is also adopted to address ethical issues and consumer awareness.
An organisation certified against this standard demonstrates to the market that it has a food safety management system capable of providing safe products, or that result in safe products, for the consumer when used according to the intended use, in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, as well as those of customers related to food safety.
The Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 combines international and independent standards such as ISO 22000 - Food Safety Management System, FSSC 22000 Scheme (Specific Requirements) and technical specifications for sector-specific Pre-Requisite Programs (PRPs) - ISO/TS standards and BSI PAS:
- ISO/TS 22002-1: FOOD PROCESSING
- ISO/TS 22002-2: CATERINg
- ISO/TS 22002-3: FARMING
- ISO/TS 22002-4: FOOD PACKAGING MANUFACTURING
- ISO/TS 22002-5: TRANSPORT AND STORAGE
- ISO/TS 22002-6: FEED AND ANIMAL FOOD PRODUCTION
- PAS 96: FOOD AND DRINK DEFENCE
The FSSC 22000 System was designed to provide companies in the food industry with an ISO-based food safety management system certification that is recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Building your food safety management system demonstrates that your company has effective management of food safety hazards in place and has created an environment capable of producing a safe product.
If you would like more information on how AvISO can help with gaining certification to ISO/FSSC 22000, please contact us on 01892 800476 or email@example.com
why work with AvISO
- AvISO has a 100% success rate of achieving UKAS accredited certification for our clients
- AvISO has experience with a wide selection of ISO standards, so can offer tried and tested advice on their implementation and integration
- We are recommended buy all the major Certification Bodies for ISO Consultancy
- AvISO has built excellent relationships with Cranfield Universities
- With an exceptional In-House team of ISO BS 8900 Consultants and working closely with a rigorously selected group of Technical Experts ensures you receive the best possible service whatever your project.
- We have our own proven software solution designed to provide and simple, efficient, and effective platform to manage all your compliance requirements.
- We are the only UK company to publish all our Legal Registers freely and provide free no, obligation updates to anyone who requests them.